“In order to manufacture final products, machines are becoming less and less dependent on humans. As a result, the typical human touch is disappearing from almost all products we use and see in our day-to-day life.
The items created with the “pressing-machine” emphasize the meaning of human actions in creating objects. The choice to extrude profiles and the way one moves the presser has a huge influence on the esthetical appearance of the final artifact.
During the manufacturing process the epoxy-clay is pressed through the extrusion profiles. As a result, machine and human behavior will not only define the product’s shape but also its tint. Combinations of the extrusion profiles are endless; therefore there are also an enormous variety of exclusive objects.
Moreover, it is a long-lasting material. The pressed Project facilitates a short and fast manufacturing process from “semi-manufactured goods” into a finalized product.”
Pressed by Studio Floris Wubben
19 Notes/ Hide
- aprilmarylynn likes this
- pukedick likes this
- secretarchitecture likes this
- rendu reblogged this from marianneburlew
- marianneburlew reblogged this from a-million-art-blogs
- marianneburlew likes this
- leapwithcrystal likes this
- a-million-art-blogs reblogged this from downbythereservoir
- gentilfarfalletta likes this
- letsspeakwithoutwords likes this
- patopat likes this
- muddafuggaz reblogged this from s-elma
- johnwbosch likes this
- kniteoftheoldcode likes this
- downbythereservoir reblogged this from s-elma
- bingeandregurge likes this
- s-elma posted this